- PayPal Holdings Inc. launched a cross-border money-transfer product called Debit Card Deposit for its Xoom international money-transfer service.
- Sixty-seven percent of consumers intend to spend the same or more in 2023 as they did in 2022, found a survey of 2,032 U.S. adults. Conducted by The Harris Poll and commissioned by DailyPay and Dollar Tree, the survey also found that 44% are more likely to prioritize in-store bargains this year than they did last year.
- A payments fintech called PayUp said it will work with ResMan, a property-management platform, to expedite payments to vendors on real-estate projects.
- Payments-technology provider Opus Consulting Solutions said it has achieved compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard 3.2.1.
- The Digital Dollar Project, a research center investigating the potential for central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), expanded its staff with four hires: Michael Greco as policy research director; Shaun Ferarri as industry engagement and experimentation director; Mason Rowley as operations manager; and Katherine Haar as DDP fellow.